Wednesday 26 February 2014

OTN Yathra 2014 - Mumbai


Both my mother and my grandmother were born in Bombay, or rather Mumbai as it is known today, so I was very excited about visiting this city. However let me be honest, I saw nothing except traffic, as in most cities we arrived in the dark, presented the next day, and then it was time to move on, in fact in Mumbai we only had a single night in the hotel.

 
When Oracle bought iFlex they acquired many beautiful buildings in India which are now Oracle Financial Services India and they generously allowed AIOUG access to their buildings for two of the events. I really do have to thank Vijay Sehgal from Oracle Financial Services, who not only was a local speaker but that made all the arrangements for us and was so helpful. Mumbai was on a Saturday and it was great to see that people felt Yathra worth giving up their valuable free time to attend.

My talks had small audiences but that is often the case for applications, but those I did really enjoyed it. Raj and I had discovered my Mobile and Fusion Apps talk dove tailed nicely with his APEX mobile, and that helped give more flow to our talks.

The only problem with Mumbai was that when it was all over we were going by car to Pune, a long drive, in the dark, and in traffic...........
 

No comments: